
After many months of being teased with the ease and freedom of the ever elusive but much warned about Motorbike - I have finally jumped on one...and I like it!
Being on Cat Ba island -I observed the finely paved roads and the visual feast the island offered was just to sweet to not see...Every island local was touting their motorbikes - and I got tired of turning down the sweet freedom from someone else's clock and schedule...so the next morning - after our hotel guy offered a motorbike - as I first placed my foot
onto the pavement...I decided not to be so dismissive..I decided to give him and the bike a chance..Taryn was shocked at my sudden "O.K. -let me try it!" attitude - as I prepared to jump on the bike, I felt the " just do it" stares from our hotel guy and his friends - and they assured me it was really easy...staring at the finely paved 2 going on 3 lane street ahead of me -designed to accommodate far more traffic than it does it currently ( my guess is that investors put a lot of money into this island early on - and when the economic crash in Asia hit in the late 90's - that put a halt to things...but construction is back ...and its going full speed ahead - its insane to see them just plow into rock and cliffs to finish off the ambitious projects that were dreamed up) I jumped on and was pleasantly surpri
sed at just how easy it was! From then on - Taryn and I were inseparable from our Motorbikes for the whole day! We rode around the whole island - we saw places we wouldn't have been able to - had we done bicycles or even commissioned a taxi driver...It was liberating on many levels - it's nice to overcome this big fear of motorbikes and it was heavenly to feel the wind all around you as your ride though the misty karsts that decorate the beautiful island.
1 comment:
Hey Moni!
I finally get to see what you're up to. I can't say I don't envy you. It looks like you're having a great time; however, it would be great to see you soon and catch up!
Love you!
Ruben
Post a Comment