From Hanoi – we took a train to Hue. The Former capital of Vietnam. It is a city which holds a structure of National Pride. The citadel – where royal families once ruled Vietnam. It was huge- and the weather was nice, cool, and cloudy. Went there on bicycles and were treated to some truly warm Vietnamese hospitality where a few women kindly fetched some food for Taryn and I..however, due to my weak stomach – I was unable to hold it in and had to cut my visit to the Citadel very short as I was – getting sick in various areas of the compound. I went back to our hotel ( thank God we had a hotel – for our own personal bathroom... and slept my sickness off.) The next day Taryn and I biked around town and went to a temple and the saw the famous Pagoda. It was beautiful...so many shots taken! We laid around at a park with locals. We then went to a lovely 5 Star hotel and had a nice glass of wine and enjoyed the beautiful views Hue had. Later we had a delicious Mediterranean dinner and drinks with a few locals that Taryn befriended while I was sick the night before. It such a pleasurable time, I smile thinking of Hue. The next day we took a day bus to Hoi An – a quaint beach town!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment