Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Final Thoughts

I had such an amazing experience in Thailand and South East Asia in general. Almost everything that I wanted out of my choice to go there - I got and more. I wanted to understand part of my culture and I truly feel more complete because I spent time in my mother's country and I can speak more of the language. Teaching English to my great students at Our Lady of Perpetual Help School was absolutely fantastic. I learned so much from the staff, the students, and everyone involved in our community. Personally, I feel more confident because I did something that absolutely terrified me. The thought of traveling alone made me sick to my stomach. Now, it excites me. Meeting all the liked minded individuals as well as those who make up TEFL International was so valuable. From this experience I made new friends for life and carry experiences that to this day and years from now will conjure up a smile. This is what living is. Thank you to all who supported me, all your emails, calls, texts, and well wishes made all the difference.

No comments: